Re: need google chrome installation instructions that work

john doe composed on 2018-11-21 10:06 (UTC+0100):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> (Stretch)
>> Downloading Chrome is easy. Installing is not. The download page says "download and install",
>> but all that happens is firefox fetches, and no auto install via apt* or dpkg is attempted. Apt
>> and aptitude won't install the local file because it "isn't found". The
>> https://www.google.com/linuxrepositories/ "Google Linux Software Repositories" page says how to
>> configure GPG, but nothing about configuring repo in sources.list. Where are the secret
>> incantations to be found?

> The below link might be useful:

> https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Google-Chrome-Using-Terminal-on-Linux

It worked. I had tried on previous occasions downloaded debs with 'dpkg -i' without any
successes that I can recall. The provided deps on that page did the trick.

> you should also consider googling "installing chrome on linux".

Before posting here that's sort of what I did with DuckDuckGo:

google chrome debian sources.list
google chrome for debian configuration

Nothing I had clicked on seemed appropriate to the expected task. I'm not a Chrome user. This is
for a friend whose vision is about 5% and tasks me with his upgrades.

Thanks!

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/