Re: fetchmail

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 8:43 PM Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> How does Dovecot get into a thread about fetchmail?

Well, a little confusion, a little impatience, and a little panic.

I was using Thunderbird, and I did something to the DCot config, and
email quit working. I'd spent a couple days fighting with that config
after moving my IMAP server from Wheezy to Buster. And since there are
no long distance IMAP connections where blackHats could get ahold of
it, I didn't want to figure out again what fixed it a few weeks ago
(we elderly people sometimes forget useful info).

Mutt and fetchmail seemed somewhat simpler and more like what I wanted
to do. I already had Mutt, and I went looking for fetchmail -- it
exists in the distros on either side of mine, but not in mine. Before
I got the responses from the list about the alternatives, I'd
recovered the working config from the backup tapes, and TBird was back
on line.

I still think Mutt, etc., would do a better job, but I'm not in such a
rush anymore.

Sorry about the boggles...

--
Glenn English