Re: fetchmail

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 07:05:48PM +0000, Glenn English wrote:
> It seems that fetchmail doesn't exist in Buster (Buster's apt and
> aptitude say it doesn't exist -- aptitude in Stretch shows a package).

According to the package tracker [0], the migration has been held up
about two years because of bug #768843 [1].  Looking at the bug, a
version of fetchmail which fixes that bug has been uploaded to
experimental in June.  I expect that once the maintainer is ready,
perhaps when upstream makes a final release, that a new package will be
uploaded to unstable and will eventually migrate to buster.

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/fetchmail
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/768843