New SSD on a MacBook Pro

Hi, I've got a compatibility question regarding SSDs.

I run debian 9.6 on a MacBookPro12,1 (Early 2015, 13"). I'm thinking of upgrading the stock 128 GB SSD [1]. Specifically, I'm considering the Trascend JetDrive 850 [2].

The original SSD uses a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface and the AHCI protocol. Although MacBookPro12,1 cannot take advantage of PCIe 3.0 (I gather it only supports PCIe 2.0), it supports the NVMe specification, hence it'd be possible to upgrade to an NVMe SSD [3]. JetDrive 850 uses a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface with NVMe.

What do you think in terms of compatibility with debian? What worries me is that JetDrive 850 requires macOS version 10.13 or later, and I wonder whether debian supports it. Is this only a matter of NVMe (macOS supports NVMe starting from version 10.13; linux since kernel version 3.3), or is there something else to consider?

Thanks in advance!

[1] I'm running short of space, since I've got a Windows 10 instance in KVM that's hungry of storage space. Almost all of the 32 GB that I've allocated are used by just the system and its updates!
[2] https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-956
[3] https://beetstech.com/blog/apple-proprietary-ssd-ultimate-guide-to-specs-and-upgrades#hdr-21