Re: Verifying dependencins of DEB file(s)

	Hi.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 08:38:26AM +0100, Tomáš Golembiovský wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to safely install a DEB file (or set of DEB files) without
> network connectivity and with tools normally present on small Debian
> installation. More precisely I would either like to install the package
> or leave the system in state before the attempt.
>
> However, it seems there is no way to roll-back installation done with
> dpkg in case of failure.

dpkg --purge should help here.

> Neither I found a way how to at least check dependencies.
> The --dry-run/--simulate option does not do that. In fact,
> I'm not sure what stages of the process it goes through (maybe just
> verifying package integrity).

# apt download mono-complete
Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 mono-complete amd64 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1 [29.9 kB]
Fetched 29.9 kB in 1s (22.0 kB/s)

# apt install -s ./mono-complete_4.6.2.7+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'mono-complete' instead of './mono-complete_4.6.2.7+dfsg-1_amd64.deb'
The following additional packages will be installed:
  ca-certificates-mono cli-common dconf-gsettings-backend dconf-service glib-networking glib-networking-common
0 upgraded, 194 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Inst libglade2-0 (1:2.6.4-2 Debian:9.6/stable [amd64])

So, in the case of the doubt, you use 'apt install -s <ur_local_packages_here>'.

Reco