Re: Mirror release file expired

On 11/9/18, Boyan Penkov <boyan.penkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On apt-get update, I see:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: Release file for
> http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/debian/dists/buster/InRelease is expired
> (invalid since 17h 5min 48s). Updates for this repository will not be
> applied.
>
> What's the best way to communicate this to the folks who manage that
> particular mirror -- the Columbia one?

I've been playing around with mirrors myself the last couple days so
it quickly/easily came to mind to try "backing up" your link there to:

http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/

They have a bold text message that says:

"NOTE: Public use of this service is permitted but UNSUPPORTED! DO NOT
contact the CUIT Help Desk if you encounter problems with this site;
use the contact information below."

The good news is that they offer an email address at the bottom of
that same page. Its expressed purpose is for it to be used "[t]o
report problems or make suggestions" regarding the mirror(s).

Hope that helps! :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey