Re: Removing firefox-esr also removes gnome

On 08/11/2018 00.47, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Tue, Nov 06, 2018 at 05:50:02PM +0300, Reco wrote:
So it kind of makes sense for gnome-core to depend on gnome-www-browser,
isn't it? Or there's a reason why using gnome-www-browser is unsuitable
for GNOME DE?

Yeah that makes perfect sense in that case. I think we need an
x-www-browser for some other situations, when any other package ships a
.desktop shortcut that launches /usr/bin/x-www-browser for instance
(such as LXDE does, but depends on www-browser, which can be satisfied
by w3m which does not register an alternative for x-www-browser, thus
the link in LXDE does not work)

www-browser and x-www-browser being different things, this would be a bug in the LXDE metapackage?

--
John