Re: i386 version for chrome

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 08:19:54AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
And amazingly to me, I read that RFC, and did not encounter the
"netmask 24" syntax anyplace in it. In any event I think all my machines
use the dotted quad representations.

It should be unsurprising that an internet RFC fails to include debian-specific configuration syntax.

Because of network managers love for tearing down a working network, and
leaving the scene w/o building a new working linkage, I have always:
composed my own eth0 stanza's in /e/n/i
made them immutable so nm is powerless to tear it down

network manager doesn't do that, but if making it immutable makes you happy, carry on. For others reading this: it's another example of strange things gene does on his machine that you're best off not copying. If you really hate network manager, just remove it. If you don't, it will simply ignore interfaces which have entries in /etc/network/interfaces.