Re: Online copies of textinfo content available?

On Friday, October 26, 2018 01:20:36 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> Agreed, a good man page is the best. I've no clue why there seems to be
> an aversion to a man page that has to be scrolled to read it all. All of
> us have up/down arrows on our keyboards, and 99% have a mouse wheel, so
> there is no excuse that holds water to not put it all in the man
> page. "man bash" if you man page authors want to see what a real man
> page looks like.

Just to chime in, my problem with the bash man page is knowing whether a given
command is a bash built-in or external command -- if built-in, I'll find
information within the man page.

I usually first look for a standalone man page, but if I don't find it, it could
be either because it is a bash built-in or because there is no manpage.