Re: a quick tip that sometimes saves a lot of further worries

Étienne Mollier wrote:
> Even though I kind of agree with Nicholas, your concept is quite
> amusing.  :-)

  :)  what good is having multiple terminal windows if you
don't use them?  most of the time i use only four of them per
project.

> Would that shell function do the kind of thing you would expect?
>
> 	vi () {
> 		local arg
> 		for arg in "$@"
> 		do
> 			if [ -f "$arg" ]
> 			then
> 				printf '<<< %s >>>\n' "$arg"
> 				cat "./$arg"
> 			fi
> 		done
>
> 		command vi "$@"
>
> 		for arg in "$@"
> 		do
> 			if [ -f "$arg" ]
> 			then
> 				printf '>>> %s <<<\n' "$arg"
> 				cat "./$arg"
> 			fi
> 		done
> 	}
>
> Feel free to refine to your taste.
> Kind Regards,

charge!

  now here's the fun, multiple terminal windows open and i only
want a certain one to be used but with booting i cannot be
certain which ones are which.  :(

  may have to explore udev more.  the above script and modifications
are noted for future reference...  ;)  tks.  lol

  p.s. there is this thing called bup which i've installed and
used before, i'm sure it could be setup and fired off about every
few minutes to capture finer detail slices than what my current
backups are doing.

  i'll be pondering all of this some time in the future...  but
not tonight.  cheers,

  songbird