Re: GNOME Shell integration problem

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 19:41:24 +0000, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm running Debian Stretch with chrome-gnome-shell installed. GNOME Shell
> integration add-on works just fine with Firefox but does not work with any of
> Chrome based browsers (Vivaldi, Opera) and Google Chrome itself. It
> throughs message "Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running,
> native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for
> instructions about installing connector."
>
> Googled for about 1 hour in vain. Actually found a couple opposite
> complains on Although GNOME Shell integration not working with Firefox
> while working with Google Chrome.
>
> Can anybody help with the trouble, please?
>
> Thanks

I'm following up my own post. I've just installed FOSS Chromium and found
that GNOME Shell Integration add-on which comes with it works just fine. So the
problem showes up only on Google Chrome and browsers based on its core.

The same behaviour is observed on 2 different machines with basically the
same setup.

Still no one to give a mimimal clue?

Thanks