Re: (solved) Re: any program that search for same files?

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 10:37:10PM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
>  Thank The Wanderer!
> i've just installed rdfind, and i'll try it.

Also rmlint:

    https://rmlint.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

> > i'm about to write it in java, it can be completed in a few hours but
> > i think there might be simple solution

Depending on exactly what you want to achieve and what "duplicate"
really means to you, it can be more complex than you at first think:

    https://rmlint.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cautions.html

Also if using btrfs or XFS and recent kernel you may want consider
duplicate finders that can make use of FIDEDUPERANGE ioctl:

    http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/ioctl_fideduperange.2.html

I know rmlint and duperemove can do this:

    https://github.com/markfasheh/duperemove

Maybe others.

Cheers,
Andy