Re: jessie and stretch time problem

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:32:16PM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
> Thanks! How could I find out  if debian thinks bios clock is set to local time or universal time?

This is one way to do it:

  tomas@trotzki:~$ cat /etc/adjtime
  0.000000 1539378883 0.000000
  1539378883
  UTC

The last line will tell you whether the hwclock command is expecting
the hardware clock to be "ticking" UTC or local (if you haven't any
other OS like Windows booting from the same machine, UTC is strongly
recommended).

The other mysterious values are used to compensate inaccuracies of
the hardware clock itself.

Cheers
-- tomas