Re: Ettiquite/Required readings on contacting Maintainers/Packagers

On Fri 05 Oct 2018 at 17:32:17 -0500, Austin LaBerta wrote:

> I had recently updated to sid and found myself a little confundled when
> i noticed the ranger package was still 9 releases out of date and
> running on python2. What are some things I should check prior to
> telling the maintainer to "please update this"?

You read

  https://packages.debian.org/sid/ranger ,

in particular the Debian Resources: section.

You read the bug reports and decide on whether to add to an existing
bug report and whether you can make a good case for the package being
updated.

--
Brian.