Re: Syncing GnuPG between 2 system

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 12:11:32PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2018-09-30 18:39, deloptes wrote:
>
> >Here is something I do not get - to encrypt I am asked for password - I
> >guess it is for my secret key, no?
>
> with the mail GPG plugin I never use but tested between 2 email
> identities.
> you can choose to generate a passphrase when you first make key pair
> to encrypt you use the recipient public key and to decrypt they
> enter their passphrase

To complete this: your private key is stored in an encrypted form:
this is to reduce possible damage should anyone with access to
your data to steal your private key (they'd need the passphrase for
it).

If your account is compromised, you have at least the time to
revoke your key while "they" brute-force its encryption...

You have the revocation key, don't you?

Cheers
-- tomás