Re: cannot open display: localhost:0.0

On 9/23/18 5:14 PM, Grzesiek Sójka wrote:
> On 9/23/18 1:06 PM, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> > 	ssh -YC user@remotehost
>
> I do not need encryption since all machines are in the same
> network segment. So I prefer not to use ssh.

In that case, perhaps you should simply test with remote
clients; I don't recall having seen this local connection work
reliably.

Please consider using X forwarding anyway, it induces good
habits when working in less trusted environment.  Furthermore,
I find this way more convenient to set up (I suppose we all have
different tastes, but to me X forwarding  is more seamless than
the whole xhost/Xorg/DISPLAY setting dance.  :-)

If you are concerned about performances, maybe X11 is not the
protocol you are looking for on remote links; especially
regarding today's applications but that is another story.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>