netstat (was: Re: Why does Debian allow all incoming traffic by default)

On Friday, September 21, 2018 08:55:21 AM Henning Follmann wrote:
> Run a netstat -t -l and you will see there is nothing listening. So what is
> the point of running a firewall?

I'm not the OP, but I decided to play along and run:

<quote>
root@s19:~# netstat -t -l
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 localhost:smtp          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:microsoft-ds          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:netbios-ssn           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:53647                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN
</quote>

(This on my wheezy system.)

What is that telling me, and should I be worried.