Re: Why does Debian allow all incoming traffic by default

I do not know, but:
- By default there are no services listening (except in 127.0.0.1)
- A server is usually behind a router/firewall
- It is better that each user configure their system as they want, instead of having default values. Although it would be nice if the installer warns you that by default iptables does not have any rules.