Re: Unable to install GRUB in /dev/null - This is a fatal error.

Le 19/09/2018 à 21:52, Felix Miata a écrit :
It's not fatal, since I use a master bootloader, not one that a distribution
includes. I'm tired of seeing this every time I install. The Debian installer
never asks if, only where.

It is fatal in the process of installing GRUB, regardless of what your goal is. If you don't want to see it, do not install GRUB or do not specify an improper device such as /dev/null.

What's a good way to get the Debian installer to skip bootloader installation,
preferably via some cmdline option, since loading vmlinuz and initrd.gz from HD
is how I start most installations?

Run the installer in expert mode by setting priority=low.