Re: Thunderbird - big fonts in messages.

On 9/7/18, Kamil Jońca <kjonca@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> After one of last thunderbird upgrades, fonts in messages are bigger,
> than earlier. (and unaesthetic :) )
>
> This concerns HTML messages, with "Simple HTML" view.
> Any thounghts, how can I restore old look?

I don't use Thunderbird so I can't help specifically, but I can say:
Many, if not most, packages of that nature have a setting for fonts
under something like Edit > Preferences on our toolbars..

Beyond that, I'm writing to observe that another package that I've
(SORRY!) forgotten just this second had to revamp their product's
fonts just this very same week. Their issue was about them
accidentally including "proprietary" fonts, potentially even as a
default.

Seems relevant to mention that since sometimes changes like that
occur, and we may not be in the right place at the right time to even
know that was a consideration for a product's features. If a font
quietly disappeared behind the scenes, a change in font size by an
unrelated replacement font is something that could easily occur.

Another thought occurred THANKFULLY just before I hit send. You said
HTML emails. Is this occurring for all HTML email or just one
particular sender? If it's all emails, it's back to preferences.

If it's one sender, it may be part of the HTML email's webmaster
coding. That came to mind because I'm seeing A LOT of email senders
changing their emails lately. Some are even changing a little too
frequently for my liking/cognitive comfort while they try to make up
their minds as to what they finally want to end up doing..

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *