Bash-Problem with cursor position after calling a function with READLINE_LINE

Hi all,

   bind -x '"\eOP":"_bash_man"'        # F1 man <command>

The script »_bash_man«  looks like (it is simplified only for test reasons)

   echo "${READLINE_LINE}"

containing the string »aaa« and the cursor is positioned behind the
string. The »Backspace« key is doing nothing, and pressing the four
»arrow« keys just give that result

   bash^[[D^[[C^[[B^[[A

but does not move the cursor in any direction. When I press

  aaa^Az»Enter«

then the output on the screen is

  bash: zaaa: command not found

Apparently the cursor position is not set correctly and the cursor
movements are not done on the screen.

Technical detail:
  Debian: Debian GNU/Linux 9.5.0 _Stretch_
  Bash:   GNU bash, version 4.4.12(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

Any help or any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Norbert