Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Tuesday 04 September 2018 12:15:59 Dan Purgert wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 September 2018 11:09:07 Dan Purgert wrote:
> >> (Also wasn't "The War" specifically WWI?)
> >
> > [...]
> > born till '34. So The War to me was WW-II. (or later) I can remember
> > my grandfather as he turned off the battery powered radio on Dec.
> > 7th, 1941 after the news, with tears flowing like a river as he knew
> > the
>
> "Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy -
> the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by
> the naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan ... "
>

> (also, I just realized I was conflating "The War" to "The Great War")

macht nichts. Doesn't make any difference IOW, they are all bad. Mans
inhumanity to man knows no bounds and leaves the participants in the
ditches with what we call PTSD today.  Then it was "shell shock", same
thing they've now given it a "better" name of PTSD (by the libtards
definitions). One of my stepfathers sister's husband managed to live
thru the Bataan Death March, but it was an absolutely verboten subject
the rest of his life when he finally came home. He did a good job of
containing it, I don't ever recall hearing that he hit Alice even once.
And I never saw a mark on her.  He did spend a lot of time washing very
ripe chicken guts in the Des Moines River, and they always had some
good, bragging sized catfish for the table. Fishing I guess was his
therapy. Way better than some of the alternatives...

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)