blogofile debian package

I am thinking about blogging, using the blogofile debian package.  I am
following the tutorial in the blogofile documentation, using the
"simple_blog" example.

But the command "blogofile build" fails with the error "Cannot find
requested controller: blog".

Is this controller (as well as other components of blogofile) not in the
debian package?  The README provided by the package maintainer indicates
that the debian package is patched, and therefore is preferred over the
version at github.

Should I attempt to download missing components from github? or would
mixing those components with the debian package break the debian package?