Re: Cannot Install/Uninstall sendmail

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:42:01AM -0400, Luis Finotti wrote:
Thanks for the pointer!   sendmail-base.prerm had the line:

update-inetd --group MAIL --disable smtp,smtps,submission;

and I was getting the error

update-inetd: error: --group is only relevant with --add

This would appear to be a bug[1] in the sendmail package, which, if you
have the time, might be worth reporting[2]. However both sendmail and
update-inetd are orphaned at the moment (no regular maintainers,
although Andreas Beckmann has done a lot of work via the QA team)

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/sendmail/blob/master/debian/sendmail-base.prerm.in
[2] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀