iproute, NM and ifupdown (was: My wired connection doesn't work suddenly (Debian sid))

Le 26/08/2018 à 15:40, Gene Heskett a écrit :

Why do I have to read a mailing list to learn how to use these  new ip
tools.

"New" ? iproute has been around for more that 20 years !

Theres some keywords
(mentioned in the man page in obtuse language IIRC) to use in e-n-i to
tell N_M to keep its malicious hands off a given interface, but you have
to read between the lines with your logical superpowers to detect them.

No, there is no obscure keyword and nothing between the lines.
By default, NM does not manage any interface configured in /etc/network/interfaces. So all you have to do is configure your interface with an "iface" stanza in /etc/network/interfaces as usual so that it is managed by ifupdown and not by NM.