Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 07:23:15PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> On 2018-08-24 19:06, Reco wrote:
> > Hi.

> > > -1 (wraps around so = INT_MAX) and I win!
> >
> > Damn. Should've seen this. Will use long int next time.
> >
> > Reco
> mailing list are great until one of the threads gets really, really, really
> long

At which point it's still much better than a web page where
every previous message is quoted in full, or even a web page
where you need to scroll carefully to find the right message.

To replicate the features of good email clients, you wind up embedding
most of the functionality of a good email client.

-dsr-