Re: Slow XFS write

Le 22/08/2018 à 13:15, Michael Stone a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 11:41:08AM +0200, Martin LEUSCH wrote:
I have a NFS server with a hardware RAID5 on 3 HDD of 6 TB. I have a system partition with ext4 and a data partition with XFS.

I get only 10 MB/s in write speed on the XFS data partition and 80 MB/s on the system partition.

how are you testing this?
I tested write speed with dd command like "dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/srv/nfs/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct".
The 10 MB/s for the data partition also correspond to the behavior I get in real situation, when I copy a big file on NFS, 12GB are copied quickly then hang for 15 or 20 minutes. When I copy big file with scp, It copy quickly the at the beginning then decrease to 10 MB/s till the end.