Re: Debian 9.5 install hangs at starting up the partitioner

Malcolm Crowe composed on 2018-08-19 16:01 (UTC+0100):

> Googling this issue just showed closed threads from years ago.
> I'm installing from dvd-1.iso to an empty virtual machine with a
> new fixed size 127GB virtual disk.
> One of the threads suggested changing boot parameters: how would I do this?
> I've tried the standard and advanced graphical installs.

On the old netboot Stretch media I just booted:

1-when the boot menu appears on the screen, hit <ESC>
2-"boot: " appears on the screen, hit <Tab>
3-several options appear on the screen, last of which is "help"
4-type help and hit <Enter>

a function key menu appears containing several choices about boot parameters

more: https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s03.html.en

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/