Re: Fail2Ban Question: Can I do this without restarting the service?

On 8/17/2018 7:35 PM, Brian wrote:
On Fri 17 Aug 2018 at 19:16:07 +0200, john doe wrote:

Also, a server without firewall capibility should never be facing internet.

Why? "never" seems a little strong. Mine does; what's the problem?

Given the fact that the OP want's to use fail2ban and has at least two services running on his public host (apache, ssh) it was a reasonable guess to stress out that a firewall is a must in his situation.

I can not talk about your server configuration because I don't know anything about it! :)

In general, the requirements for firewalling a public host depends on the environment and other factors.
Googling this topick will show that there is no formal answer.

--
John Doe