Re: Repository Problem

On 8/17/2018 9:00 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I have just installed Stretch on a new SSD on my platform.

During the installation I selected the University of Chicago mirror and accepted the defaults plus backports.

When I fun apt-get install Thunderbird apt-get tries to log on to prod.debian.map.fastly.net (2a04:4E42:2c::2040 and hangs. I can't find that address anywhere in /etc/apt.  Why am I getting this behavior? Even more important, how do I get rid of  the problem?

It is critical as my wife uses Thunderbird for her email.

Here is my '/etc/apt/sources.list' (default after installation):

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main contrib non-free deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main contrib non-free

# stretch-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free

# stretch-backports, previously on backports.debian.org
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main contrib non-free

As an aside, you should consider using 'apt' and not 'apt-get'.

Note that this e-mail is folded by my mailer.

--
John Doe