Re: hammerfall help request

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 11:09 PM, Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com> wrote:

> Unmute and adjust signal levels
>
>     alsamixer -c 2

Comes up in curses with the RME selected and a single slider: DDS
Samp. I raised that a couple steps with the 'up-arrow' button and
exited.

> Test playback
>
>     aplay -D hw:2,0 testfile.wav

There is no testfile.wav, so I gave it one of mine:

root@sbox:~# aplay -D hw:2,0
/blackHole/cdp/BeethovenSix/source_dir/disk001/track02.cdda.wav
Playing WAVE '/blackHole/cdp/BeethovenSix/source_dir/disk001/track02.cdda.wav'
: Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
aplay: set_params:1334: Access type not available

Went into HDSPmixer and set it to preset 2 (like I did before to get
the 'phones to work) and tried again. Still nothing. Files like this
have worked before, in Audacity.

Not sure what aplay means by 'Access type not available' so I looked
on the web. I still don't.

But 'aplay -L' says, about the RME:

default:CARD=DSP
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
    Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=DSP
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
dmix:CARD=DSP,DEV=0
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=DSP,DEV=0
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=DSP,DEV=0
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=DSP,DEV=0
    Hammerfall DSP, RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632
    Hardware device with all software conversions

if that's any help.

--
Glenn English