Re: apache2 changing from mpm_prefork to mpm_event

So the error message is impropper ;-)
Thanks for the anwer.

W dniu 16.08.2018 o 09:06, Jens Sauer pisze:
There is no workaround.

mpm_event and php as a mod are incompatible.
You can of course use php-fpm with mpm_event.

Jarosław Kłopotek - INTERDUO <jkl@interduo.pl> schrieb am Do., 16. Aug. 2018, 08:56:
I've got apache2 with mpm_prefork. I would like to change that to
mpm_event so I do:

root@ht2:~# a2dismod mpm_prefork
ERROR: The following modules depend on mpm_prefork and need to be
disabled first: php7.2

That's ok I will disable this module also temporary.

root@ht2:~# a2dismod php7.2 mpm_prefork
Module php7.2 disabled.
Module mpm_prefork disabled.
To activate the new configuration, you need to run:
   systemctl restart apache2

And then try to enable back:

root@ht2:~# a2enmod mpm_event
Considering conflict mpm_worker for mpm_event:
Considering conflict mpm_prefork for mpm_event:
Enabling module mpm_event.
To activate the new configuration, you need to run:
   systemctl restart apache2

root@ht2:~# a2enmod php7.2
Considering dependency mpm_prefork for php7.2:
Considering conflict mpm_event for mpm_prefork:
ERROR: Module mpm_event is enabled - cannot proceed due to conflicts. It
needs to be disabled first!
Considering conflict mpm_worker for mpm_prefork:
ERROR: Could not enable dependency mpm_prefork for php7.2, aborting

This is something wrong. Apache2 should check if one of the installed
mpm's is enabled not just only to check if mpm_prefork is enabled.

Do You know any workaround?

Regards

--
Jarosław Kłopotek