Re: Monitoring copy file security

Am 13.08.2018 um 20:52 schrieb Ilyass Kaouam:
> Hi,
>
> I have a database server in which I save the database (dump)
> let say
>  /home/backup directory.
> I would like to monitor this directory and find out if anyone is doing a cp
> or mv or.....
> Any idea?
> Thank you very much

There is -or was, quite some time ago I've last seen this- a software called famd (File Alteration Monitor -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Alteration_Monitor). Looks like there is no .deb in a current repo, but may be the name has changes. This software is based on Inotify.

Not sure, if this helps, Martin