Re: Hrdware question

On 8/11/2018 5:19 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I am running Debian Stretch on my 64bit Linux platform.

I am planning on installing a 500B SSD as the boot HD and have a question about the SATA connectors on the ASUS M5A97 R2.0 MB.

I have what I thought was a simple question, but Google has not been a friend to me.  What I found via that route was that the 6 SATA ports are the same.  Should the boot drive be plugged into SATA8G_1?

I'm assuming that you have looked at the manuals Asus MB are well documented)! :)

Going through the URL (1) without reading the "docs" the SATA internal ports are apparently "all the same" but you might want to be careful if you plan to use raid.

1)  https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/

--
John Doe