Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 05:39:36PM +0000, tech wrote:
Should'nt be time to move away from an old mail-listing to something
more modern like a bugzilla or else ???

Assuming you are talking about systems for discussion, rather than
filing bugs: Debian has <http://forums.debian.net/> and has had for a
long time, but it gets relatively little use.

Personally I'd love to see the list archive software get an overhaul,
and mailman3's "HyperKitty" archiver looks very promising to me, but I'm
not sure whether it has delivered on the promise, which was to offer a
very forum-like interface to mailing lists, permitting people to reply
via web, or click "+1" buttons (thus freeing the mail interface of lots
of "+1" mails, a blight that debian-user fortunately doesn't suffer)

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland