Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On Di, Aug 07, 2018 at 02:27:48 +0200, Martin wrote:
Come on. You are telling me, it is more secure to share one secret among multiple people against every person having it own?

If the password is stored in a password safe, and everyone in the IT has access to it, where is the problem?

First you have to log in to a user's account. And I'm quite sure, you will use ssh with keys that, right?

I do it (at least in most cases, my key is not on every system I may need to login). Others don’t, they use their LDAP password.

Yes, this is way more complex than su. But it will improve system security by far, when in good hands.

If this security isn’t needed why bother?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |