Re: luks, crypttab: why 3 partition only 2 passphrases entered

On Sat, Aug 04, 2018 at 10:54:59PM +0100, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

And I'm now 99% sure that the culprit of all this confusion is...
plymouth! It has a password caching facility and systemd seems to use it
to get the cached password.

Almost certainly, yes, although, if plymouth is passing the password
through to systemd, then it need not be caching it itself, as systemd
caches disk passwords for a short while (I think 5 minutes if I recall
correctly). See systemd-ask-password(1) for an introduction to the
architecture of systemd's password stuff.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland