Re: Please help with error message

On 07.08.18 09:05, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> dpkg: warning: 'ldconfig' not found in PATH or not executable
> dpkg: warning: 'start-stop-daemon' not found in PATH or not executable
> dpkg: error: 2 expected programs not found in PATH or not executable
> Note: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin

Looks like your root $PATH is mangled. Could you post the output from:

# echo $PATH

Here I have:
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

That's consistent with what you read:

> Note: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin
> and /sbin

If setting up a proper root $PATH isn't the simple fix, then we need:

# type ldconfig

Here I have:   ldconfig is /sbin/ldconfig
which will be found in root's PATH.

If "type" returns a full path to ldconfig, then we need the output of:

$ ls -l /sbin/ldconfig     # Or wherever your's finds it.

Does it have execute permission for root?

If that doesn't hit any paydirt, it would be interesting to see if you
have an ldconfig anywhere at all:

$ locate ldconfig

Erik