Re: how to prevent security update installation during stretch installation

On 07/31/2018 05:42 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 05:36:41PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:

One possibility is to  configure your Internet gateway to block traffic
between the host and the Internet, and then install from CD-1, DVD-*, BD-*,
etc., media.

An easier approach would be that when the installer asks "Would you like
to use a network mirror?" you just answer "no."  The installer will then
only use the packages available on the install media you supply.

The first half of my suggestion implies your suggestion.

The original post implies use of netinst media, which does not contain enough packages to install a working Debian system (?). Thus, the second half of my suggestion.

David