Re: delay before desktop loads

Le 30 juillet 2018 1:35:41 AM Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> a écrit :

  I'm afraid patching the kernel is a little bit beyond my abilities :)

When I had identified the application, I used ltrace to identify the
library causing the problem.

What is your kernel version?

  4.17.0-1-amd64
  Previous kernel, 4.16.0-2-amd64 boots fine and does not have the problem.

Kind regards,

Frank

If you look at a recent thread about sddm, you'll see that installing haveged package is a correct workaround. However upstream dev should have a reflection whether /dev/random is really needed by their software since urandom is not bad, even at start.