Re: [SOLVED] Sid still getting retired DNS entry

It was on the network manager's end of things. I don't know the details, but he fixed it.

--
Kent

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:46 PM, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 01:33:41PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> I renamed /etc/network/interfaces.

Put it back!!

It contains the configuration for loopback (lo) which is really important.

Your interface was NOT listed in /e/n/i so Network Manager grabbed it and
took over.

You can see this by the way /etc/resolv.conf had been turned into a symlink
with "Network Manager" in the name, and by the way the contents of that
symlink said "Network Manager was here".

Already put back to the way it's supposed to be.

Welp, this has been educational, although I didn't get all the answers I wanted. But we can stop now, because ... DUH! ... why don't I try a different computer on this same wire?

And behold! It gets the bad DNS entry also.

I'll go back to my network admin now, and pester him.

Thanks anyway, all!

--
Kent West                    <")))><

Kent West                    <")))><