Re: ifconfig/ ifupdown/ ip -

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 11:20:20PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> configured to say office, I want to be able to run my reset bash
> script as follows:
>
>  reset eth0=internet

I suggest you choose a different name, as reset(1) is already taken.

If your script is supposed to take two pieces of information, I would
suggest that you pass them as two separate arguments, rather than one
argument with '=' in the middle of it.  That said, parsing foo=bar is
not terribly hard, so you *could* do it this way... but it's not the
way I would choose.