Re: 20180630223149.b338d4fd2c97ba4b9b246b67

On 03/07/18 02:58, Josh W. wrote:
  Hello,
I am using Debian Stretch Linux w/ the GNOME desktop. I have been using the
same terminals since i upgraded to Stretch ( When first released as
stable). It just now stopped showing the colors for the different contents.
When i run the $TERM command the output is as follows.
xterm-256color
I'm not sure if i hit a certain hot key or what... I'm am stumped.
Joshua <joshw8104@gmail.com>

A hot key should not cause a persistent change. The main culprit, as noted by davidson, is that you were cleaning up your files. Did you remove anything in ~/.config?

What is the output of "alias ls"?

What is the output of "ls -l ~/.bashrc"?

What is the output of "echo $SHELL"?

What is the output of "$COLORTERM"?

Please also check that you are really running Gnome Terminal (Help / About?) and check the colour settings in your Preferences.

If you start an "xterm", does the output have colour? (That is, are other terminal emulators affected?) Have any other applications lost colour?

You could also try booting with apparmor=0.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director