Re: USB Host-Host cables

On Thursday 21 June 2018 11:40:07 Charlie Gibbs wrote:

> On 21/06/18 01:32 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> Except that it sucks for toast. :D
> >
> > it also sucks at annealing brass, despite playing with the
> > thermostat calibrations, about 475F is as hot as it will get. Brass
> > will anneal at 475F but it takes about a 24 hour soak. I needed 800F
> > and half an hour.
>
> If you have a self-cleaning oven, I think they get up to 900F during
> their cycle.  Don't tell your wife.  :-)

No wonder it takes so long, 6-7 hours on our gas range. We (I) keep it
pretty clean so its been years since its been invoked. But thats
probably a valid alternative the next time I go to make tapered gibs for
a lathe, which my 70 yo Sheldon needs for the ultimate in cnc accuracy,
but I've other wear to remove/replace before I get that picky with it.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)