Re: Debmirror error - balks when "?" in URL

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:34:29 +1000 Zenaan Harkness said:

> I recently changed ISP from Telstra to iiNet, and now debmirror balks
> as follows:
>
> The problem is the iiNet debian repo mirror URL is as follows:
>
>  http://ftp.iinet.net.au/dir.php?debian
>  http://ftp.iinet.net.au/dir.php?debian/dists/stretch
>
> (note that dodgy as question mark in the URL) and so debmirror has a
> spack:
>

>  @ERROR: Unknown module 'dir.php?debian'

I have followed the mirror link you have given for a random package, up to:

http://ftp.iinet.net.au/dir.php?debian/pool/contrib/a/afbinit

There I have noted the actual download link:

ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/debian/pool/contrib/a/afbinit/afbinit_1.0-4.diff.gz

And visited the main part of the link:

ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/debian/

It works.

So your sources.list entry should be along the lines of:

ftp://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

Note that http also works for that site, so the line below is equally good:

http://ftp.iinet.net.au/pub/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

Regards
--
Abdullah Ramazanoğlu