Re: Nvidia 340 driver bug

Pétùr schreef op 2018-06-02 17:46:
This is a bug in the nvidia driver module. There is not much you can do
until it is fixed upstream.

Thanks!

I would like to use the nouveau driver waiting for the fix.

However I an unable to boot X with the nouveau driver.

I did:

# apt-get purge nvidia.
# apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
# reboot

I have no xorg.conf.

$ startx

says:

XF86EnableIOPorts: failed to set IOPL for I/O (Operation not permitted)

Did you also removed the NVidia symlinks? I'm not sure if they are removed when you purge the NVidia packages.

Try:
sudo update-glx --config glx
If there are any options choose mesa

and rebuild initramfs with: