Re: USB "null modem" cables and related Linux driver questions

	Hi.

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 09:21:27AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have two computers with USB ports.
> I wish them to communicate as simply as mid-20th-century computers did.
> Then we used RS232-C with a null modem &/or  appropriate software software
> at both ends.
>
> The underlying problem is that both ends egotistically expect to be
> *MASTER*.

I did the thing in the not-so-distant past.

It took two USB-RS232 converters (FDTI chipsets should work out of the
box), and a conventional RS232 null modem cable. Communication was
limited to 112500 bps, but I needed it for the serial console anyway.

As for the software part, agetty and minicom were all that was needed.

Reco