Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - debian installer goes black

Dear Mr. Vanrenterghem,

I had a similar problem some time ago (getting a blank screen in the
Debian 9.3 installer), also with a Lenovo laptop.  I was able to solve
the problem by going into the BIOS and under startup options changing
the "UEFI/Legacy Boot" setting to "Both."

Sincerely,
Greg Marks