Re: intel vroc

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 06:53:13PM +0200, lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We tried using the latest debian testing, and there I can see the four
> individual disks, alas not the raided Volume0 we configured.
>
> We thought, as it seems that Intel VROC is based on mdadm & redhat and SuSE
> Enterprise are supported, that debian would work as well.
>
> Now it seems we are wrong. Or anyone with suggestions?
>
> MJ

You need OS support.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27332/Intel-Virtual-RAID-on-CPU-Intel-VROC-and-Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-enterprise-Intel-RSTe-Driver-for-Linux-

Get the driver source, make sure you have an appropriate kernel
header tree, and see if it will compile.

--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
                there is no justice, there is just us.