Re: Get the external IP address from a Linux box

I have Shell Access (as Admin) to a "Cloud" System (Ubuntu 16.04 Server, but due to be Reinstalled as Debian 9.4.  Go Debian!)

When I ssh in, to my "Regular Account", I type "who", and get the External IP Address for my Spectrum Broadband access.

What I got, just a few minutes ago, was the following response:

>> chronos@localhost:~$ who
>> chronos  pts/0        2018-05-26 00:47 (173.95.180.12)
>> chronos@localhost:~$

(This is a Dynamic IP, from Spectrum, formerly Time Warner Cable, formerly Roadrunner.  You know the drill:  Small fish, eaten by a medium-sized fish, who is, then gobbled up by a Big Fish).

I haven't reviewed the Source Code for the "who" command, to see how it gets that IP Address.  Anybody?

Thank you and best regards,

Kenneth Parker, Troubleshooter